Joana Diniz de Figueiredo
Main Practice Areas
Information Technology Law
Privacy and Data Protection
Between 2017 and 2020, Joana collaborated with CTSU – Sociedade de Advogados, A Deloitte Legal practice, where she worked in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) department.
As of 2020, she has been playing the role of Senior Manager on MICC - Mission is Critical Consulting, Lda., a company that focuses on Data Protection and Cybersecurity.
Since 2021, Joana has been collaborating with CTSU as a DPO Consultant.
She has been working actively in several projects in Data Protection and Privacy areas, particularly in diagnosis projects, definition of action plans, promotion of training sessions and procedures implementation. In the context of these projects, Joana has been developing tailored made compliance programs with a special focus on privacy and Cybersecurity, by designing impact risks assessments tools.
Within the scope of Privacy and Data Protection projects and as a Data Protection Officer, she works in different industry sectors, allowing her to have a broader view of the different business areas.
She has participated in the performance of several Legal Due Diligences, in the areas of Data Protection and Intellectual Property.
Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2019.
- Law Degree at Law School of Católica University, 2016.
- Master Degree in Litigation, at Law School of Católica University, with a dissertation on “A Restituição e Reparação à luz da Justiça Restaurativa: o nascer de um novo paradigma?”, 2018;
- General Data Protection Regulation Intensive Course, at Law School of University of Lisbon, 2018;
- Postgraduation in Strategic and Operational Data Protection Management at ISEC - Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências, 2020;
- Computer Science Course, CS50 For Lawyers, at Harvard University, 2020;
- Leadership and Management for PM Practitioners in IT Course, at Washington University, 2020;
- Data Protection Practitioner Certification by Global Data Protection Alliance, 2020.
Portuguese and English