Joana Mota Agostinho
Edifício Duarte Pacheco
Av. Eng. Duarte Pacheco 7, 7º floor
Main Practice Areas
Communications & Media
Regulatory & Compliance
Joana joined CTSU – Sociedade de Advogados, A Deloitte Legal practice, in 2015 where she leads the area of Digital Business, Privacy & Cybersecurity.
Lawyer with significant experience in representing domestic and international clients in the areas of Privacy and Cybersecurity, having participated in data protection risk management audits on clients from different business sectors (pharmaceutical, health, energy, banking & insurance, telecommunications, media, technological companies, retail and tourism); compliance strategy definition and mitigation measures implementation; Privacy as a Service which includes Privacy by Design legal support and response on data breach situations.
Joana has been also advising clients in digital transformations projects, as well as developing operations, including in the regulatory and commercial components, in the sectors of electronic communications and postal services, information technology, outsourcing, cloud computing, emerging technologies, intellectual property, electronic commerce, advertising and media.
Joana has participated as speaker in several national and international conferences and seminars related to her practice area.
Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2005.
- Intensive Specialization Course in Blockchain from Law School of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2019
- LLM in “Communications and Computer Law” from London University, Queen Mary, 2014
- Intensive Specialization Course in Telecommunications for Non Engineers from ISEL – Instituto Superior de Engenharia, 2012
- Intensive Course “Comparative Intellectual Property in the Digital Age – an US and EU perspective” from Law School of Universidade Católica de Lisboa, 2010
- Intensive Course “Patents: Protection, Enforcement and Valorisation” from INPI – Instituto Nacional de Propriedade Intelectual, 2010
- Post Graduate Course in Intellectual Property from Law School of Universidade de Lisboa, 2007
- Law Degree from Law School of Universidade de Lisboa, 2005
Portuguese, English and Spanish.