Main practice areas
IT, Media & Communications
Data protection and cybersecurity
PI and Technology Transactions
Head of the Digital Business, Privacy and Cibersecurity team.
Focused on advising technology/digital-based transactions and in topics of IP, TMT, personal data, cybersecurityand digital transformation.
With more than 20 years of legal practice, combined with managerial experience in industrial development programs, Jacinto has been actively and regularly involved in innovation and R&D projects and in the design and implementation of strategies for the valuation of technological assets.
- Advanced Program In Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (partial completion). Católica Business School, 2012-...
- “Competitive Strategy Workshop (Winning Business Strategies)”. Professor Karel Cool (INSEAD) / Roadmap, 2008.
- Postgraduate course in Intellectual Property: Law School, University of Lisbon, 2008.
- Training em "Negociação". The FlowGame Company / Prof. Doutor José Crespo Carvalho. Lisboa, 2007.
- General Course on Intellectual Property. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), 2007.
- Course “Estudo e Análise de Balanço. Estudo e Análise de Demonstração de Resultados”. Dr. Pedro Edris de Sousa, 2005.
- Course “Contabilidade para Juristas”. Azevedo Rodrigues & Batalha. Lisboa, 2002.
- “Global Legal Issues in Electronic Commerce”. Computer Law Association, 2001.
- Law degree. Católica – Lisbon School of Law, 2000.
With an active participation in projects involving emerging technologies, including IoT, AI, VR/AR, blockchain, Jacinto regularly advises clients in matters related to smart cities, intelligent/electric mobility, remote systems (UAVs), industrial licensing/development, technology transfer and digital transformation, particularly for the energy, infrastructure, auto/mobility and FinTech sectors.
Recently, he has assisted in various transactions and projects involving the development and supply of autonomous systems (UAVs) and related services for see surveillance purposes, the incorporation of the first Portuguese Space integrator specialized in satellite management in connection with the Portugal Space 2030 Strategy, and the setting up of a partnership between a global automotive manufacturer and one of the largest national technology players, oriented towards the development of pioneering software using agile methodologies for the vehicles of the future.
Prior to joining CTSU, Jacinto leaded the IP, TMT and Privacy practice areas of two major law firms in Portugal. He was also chairman and CEO of EEA – Empresa de Engenharia Aeronáutica, S.A. (2012-2017), the entity responsible for management of the partnership established with Embraer within the scope of Portuguese participation in the KC-390 aircraft’s development program, having direct involvement in the formation and management of the Portuguese aerostructures, tooling and software’ consortia, and in the implementation of suppliers’ development programs and innovation and R&D projects.
Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2000.
Publications and communications
- «O Programa KC-390: estudo de caso». Communication submitted to the conference “Inovação e Internacionalização das Empresas”, 2015.
- «O desenvolvimento das cadeias de fornecedores aeronáuticos em Portugal». Communication submitted to the conference “Cooperação nas cadeias de fornecimento: Desafios e oportunidades nos espaços latino-ibero-americanos”, 2013.
- «Indústria Aeronáutica em Portugal». Communication submitted to the conference “Oportunidades económicas para o desenvolvimento de Vila Franca de Xira, 2012.
- «International Product Liability: Portugal», Juris Publishing, 2011 (co-author).
- «Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review: Portugal», Law Business Research, 2011 (co-author)
- «Privacy challenges for HR compliance». Communication to the “Portugal Briefing & Roundtable with Data Protection Commissioners”, 2010.
- «As Cash-out Mergers no Direito societário Português». Actualidad Jurídica, 24, 2009.
- «International Pharmaceutical Law and Practice: Portugal». Adrian Zahl, 2009 (co-author).
- «Alterações à Disciplina Legal da Fusão e da Cisão de Sociedades no Código das Sociedades Comerciais». Actualidad Jurídica, 15, 2006 (co-author).
Portuguese, English and Spanish.