Banking and Finance | CTSU has been added to your bookmarks.
Banking and Finance
Throughout the Deloitte Legal network, our professionals offer various banking and finance legal solutions to clients operating in the financial services industry. Whether it concerns to banking and regulated institutions or non-banking institutions, securities, or M&A involving different entities from the Financial Services Industry, a team of experienced lawyers located across our network ensures that all legal business needs of our clients are met. The group is well connected to the wider network of legal professionals focused in matters relevant to the banking and finance industry, and are able to assist in both local and cross-border projects, including those that require a complex approach.
CTSU has an experienced team in the principal areas of activity of the banking and finance industry that ensures the access to a professional, comprehensive and specialized service in different areas of activity, such as Banking Regulation and Supervision; Derivatives, Investment Funds; Private Equity Financing; Securitization and Covered Bonds and Structured Finance.
Banking and Finance lawyers have a solid experience in providing regulatory advice to credit institutions and financial companies as well as legal assistance to several of the largest and most complex financings granted in Portugal.
The clients of this area include not only national and foreign banks but also borrowers in all kinds of financing transactions, from simple bank loans to highly structured and intricate financings, including financing of company and asset acquisitions, as well as to negotiations in the course of companies' restructuring procedures.
In the context of preventive supervision and banking regulation, namely in areas such as risk assessment, CTSU has collaborated with several financial institutions and it has also experience in providing advice to private credit institutions in all regulatory aspects of their credit to consumers.
Furthermore, CTSU provides also advice on the set-up, incorporation and monitoring of national and international investment funds. The law firm’s cross-practice team ensures an integrated analysis of the risks and advantages of each particular. The services provided by our team include assisting clients from the inception of the structuring of the fund until its placement on the market, thereby always ensuring the necessary legal support for any question that may arise concerning the development of the fund’s activity.
Among others, CTSU’s banking and finance lawyers experience includes the provision of the following legal services:
- Advising on all types of banking transactions and associated collaterals, including retail, business banking and trade finance products, cash management solutions, lines of credit, payment services and digital banking solutions;
- Developing legal solutions to match specific customer needs regarding investment products, financial intermediation services and transactions, mainly in the areas of investment advice, portfolio and fund management;
- Assisting in all necessary steps for the setting up, pass porting, authorization and registration of several entities and activities within the financial, banking and insurance sectors, including real estate investment funds, SICAVs and venture capital SPVs;
- Conducting legal due diligences in the context of mergers and acquisitions in different sectors of the economy;
- Legal assistance in projects involving compliance assessment and implementation of new European legislation and regulations in the financial sector, such as MiFID 2 and MIFIR, PSD II, Insurance Distribution Directive, PRIIPS, CRD IV, MAD and MAR, IV AML Directive, amongst others;
- Drafting contractual and informative documentation for credit institutions and financial companies in accordance with new legislation, regulations and guidelines;
- Revising contracts and informative documentation for all types of banking transactions and associated collaterals, including international syndicated loans.